I broke my pinky today so I'm unable to craft for a while. It's amazing how much you actually use your pinky. Anyway, I have a couple posts set to automatically post but I won't be doing anything new for a little bit.
This is the little gift I made for Benjamin to give his preschool teacher. He was so excited to give it to her and even more excited when she told him that she was going to give the little fish to her soon to come baby.
I got this idea from eighteen25. It was so simple to make - I think it took me about 5 minutes. I love have a place to write all my things I need to get done down. I also love the spot to check off the "to do" item when I have it done.
I receieved this award from Lyndsey at Lyndsey's craft spot - THANK YOU ! Who doesn't love to get awarded?!
Sunday, May 16, 2010
1. Accept and thank the person who sent it to you.
2. List 10 things about yourself.
3. List 5 additional things you don't like.
4. Pass the award on to 10 other bloggers.
Here are some things you might not know about me:
1. I love candy!
2. I hate to cook, but LOVE to bake!
3. I am the mom to three handsome blonde haired boys!
4. I hate any type of creepy crawly bug and/or snakes!
5. I LOVE to craft and am always looking for new crafts to try.
6. I grew up with 3 older brothers and sadly NO sisters. But I have 6 awesome SILS now so that kind of makes up for it.
7. I play the piano and accordian and I am trying to learn the acoustic guitar.
8. I taught myself to knit when I was 5 months pregnant with our first baby.
9. My husband is my best friend.
10. I love to just be at home surrounded by my family.
5 things I don't like:
1. Being alone.
2. The dark.
3. Arrogant people or people who think they are better than you.
4. Bugs and snakes
5. When I try really hard to make something and it doesn't turn out the way I invision it.
Remember this post a week ago? Well, I walked by this dress hanging on the door for a couple of days and everytime I looked at it I knew I needed to spruce it up. I added a couple felt watermelon slices and made 2 more watermelon slices for barrettes. I think it just makes the dress that much SWEETER!
After I sent a pic of the little blue pillowcase dress I made for my niece to my SIL, she asked if I was willing to make her another one that fit in with her birthday party theme. The theme is Watermelon slices and the colors are pink and green. I was surprised that I had all the materials on hand - I don't have a whole lot of girly supplies lying around. This is what I came up with and it is SO adorable. I can't wait to see Kaia sporting it.
that's not really made out of a pillowcase!
I've been wanting to try making one of these for a while. I don't have any girls of my own so this is for my sweet little niece Kaia who is turning 2 next month. I think it turned out so adorable and I've already started making another one to go with it.