Thursday, January 21, 2010

My first recipe

I've never put a recipe of my own on here before but I made this soup the other night and it turned out so delicious - I thought I would share.

Vegetable Chicken Noodle Soup



1 whole chicken cooked and shredded
2 - 32 oz cartons of chicken broth
4 cups of water
1 lb baby carrots
4 celery stalks chopped up
1 small onion chopped
6 potatoes peeled and chopped
1 bag frozen broccoli
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can dark red kidney beans - drained and rinsed
2 Tbsp dried minced garlic
Salt
Pepper

Throw all of that into a big pot and bring to a boil.  Once it is boiling add a bag of extra wide egg noodles (I like to use the ones that look homemade) and simmer for 20 minutes.  That's it!

2 comments:

  1. I have this super good chicken and wild rice soup that I make, I've been craving it, but am too lazy to figure out the ww points!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum... and it looks like it makes a ton so you can freeze it for later. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Some Crafting Love!

Related Posts with Thumbnails