Monday, August 17, 2009

More Bottling

This past week I did two different bottling days. First, on Monday I made my grandma's old fashioned mustard pickles. My dad loves these things so I made a batch up for him. I got 9 pints and 1 quart so that should keep him stocked up for a while. It was the first time I had ever made them and they turned out really good. There are only a few people in our family that like them (me included) so I think we are set for a while.



Saturday I woke up and bottled salsa. I was trying to make it "hot" for Aaron so I left all the seeds in the the jalepenos and the anaheim peppers. My mom and I think it has quite a bite to it - Aaron on the other hand doesn't. He says it still tastes really good though, so I didn't completely fail. Good thing - because I got 24 pints out of one batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Crafting Love!

Related Posts with Thumbnails